Jeff Harper

Try these facts on for size. Since we're so concerned about the important
contributions of the French, Germans, and Russians, in the first Gulf War,
the US supplied roughly 76% of all forces, France supplied 3%, Germany
supplied 0.1% and Russia supplied 0.

Oh, please! You really want to argue that the first war coalition wasn't
enormously better than this one Bush Jr. put together?

The cost of the first war was calculated by Congress to be $61.1 billion.
About $53 billion of that amount was paid by different countries around the
world: $36 billion by Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Gulf States; $16
billion by Germany and Japan (who wasn't part of the coalition due to the
treaties that ended WWII). About 25% of Saudi Arabia's contribution was paid
in form of in-kind services to the troops, such as food and transportation.
The UK spent $4.1 billion during this war.

This time it's about $200 billion and we are footing the bill for almost all
of it.