dave in Fairfax

Phisherman wrote:
It's sad. I see all kinds of cost-cutting efforts that sacrifice
quality but Americans love cheap. I bought a Starrett Wade square
last month for $165 (with compass and center finder), yet I know
WalMart has the same thing for $12.95.

Wally World may have squares, perhaps even with both compass and
centerfinder, but I doubt it. They assuredly do not have
Starretts, nor do they havew the acuracy, precision or smoothness
of operation. Quality always costs more, and nothing but quality
will do in certain circumstances. The cheap knock-off may be
accurate if you are lucky, when you first get it it, but it will
lack precision, and over time, lose its accuracy. It will always
feel clunky.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader