Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Cicero wrote:
Frame fixings are long screws inside long plastic plugs. The idea is
that you can drill through a timber frame and into the underlying
brickwork and then insert the complete fixing in one go. I don't think
they're suitable for your job because as far as I know the longest
available is about 6".

Countersink the holes.

They're also a bit difficult to use because the
screw part usually requires a lot of force to drive in. You can improve
them by replacing the supplied screws with hex-headed coach screws which
can be driven home with a socket spanner.

But you hammer them in place first. Then a half turn or so afterwards.
I've never had a problem with a decent large pozidriv screwdriver.

--
*That's it! I‘m calling grandma!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.