Jason F

Thanks for the reply, but perhaps I didn't articulate--I could not find a
component that would respond to the freeze spray, at least in the way that I
was expecting (total failure of the pincushion correction like when the
monitor starts from cold).

I did discover something this morning. If you refer to the schematics:

http://www.sharpimage.net/images/schematicD.pdf

When it's cold and the pincushion correction is not functioning, the
pincushion pot (VR901) acts exactly like the H-Size pot (VR902)--that is, it
makes the picture wider instead of correcting the pincushion. I'm not
familar with how the pincushion correction circuit works, but at this point,
I think I need to focus on the transistors nearest this pot:

Q901, Q902, Q903

Can someone offer an explaination of how the pincushion correction works
using this schematic?

"Jerry G." wrote in message
The freeze spray hit a component that has become thermo sensitive, if
something changed with the action of the spray going on it. Locate and
change that component, and you will have that fault fixed. You may find a
number of components that have become thermo sensitive with age.

--

Jerry G.