Wayne Whitney

In article , James Owens wrote:

Can I do this with one wiring cap? Or could I solder them together?

The solution that occurred to me is to use two wire nuts, with a short
pigtails between them. That way each wire nut would have only five
wires in it, which is common enough. However, I am no electrician, so
perhaps someone else here can comment on whether this is a reasonable
idea.

What I have is two ganged 3 x 2 x 3 boxes and two switches. Each
switch controls two pot lights.

Isn't this box going to be a little tight? By my count you have 15 or
16 volume allowances (depending on whether there is an internal wire
clamp), so you are OK according to the NEC as long as your wire is #12
or smaller. But those grounds are going to take up alot more space
than the 1 volume allowance the NEC assigns.

Cheers, Wayne