Wanderer

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 15:10:54 +0100, Dave Jones wrote:

"Ian Harding" wrote in message
I have Economy 7 electricity, the meter is fully digital at a guess less
than 10 years old.

Recently I've been keeping careful note of the readings and in the last
week the cheap rate reading has increased by 4 units even though the
storage and immersion heaters which are the only appliances fed from the
cheap rate circuit have been switched off for the entire period.

After reading some old postings to this group I'm now no longer sure I
understand how Economy 7 is metered. There are two consumer units in my
flat - one with the storage and immersion heaters attached, which only
becomes live during the night; and one for all other circuits which is
permanently live. I had assumed that all electricity usage through the
night CU is billed at cheap rate, and all usage through the main CU is
billed at normal rate irrespective of the time of day.

Am I right, or is _all_ electricity usage billed at cheap rate for the
period the cheap rate supply is active? This would make sense as the only
things running during the night are a fridge/freezer, alarm clock, battery
charger, and maybe one or two short uses of the electric shower - 4 units
for a week sounds about right.

Alternatively, should I be getting in touch with Powergen to tell them
that the meter is faulty?

Thank you.
--
Ian Harding

I believe the latter is correct.

What, that he should get in touch with PG? I don't think so.

--
wanderer at tesco dot net