Richard Knight

Todd.
Here are 2 different ones from Lee Valley

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...0126&category=
1,41131,41139

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...0127&category=
1,41131,41139

Cheers Richard

"Todd" wrote in message
om...
I have several butternut logs in my back yard ( have been there a few
seasons so are nice and dry ) and I want to make myself an attachment
for my chainsaw to slab them into lumber.

Does anyone have any pictures/drawings/suggestions on how to make
such an attachment ? The saw I will be using is a STIHL 038 ( I
believe it's a 74cc motor ) and will be attaching a 30" bar ( the bar
is a little overkill for the saw, but I'll be losing some of it's
length because of the attachment. Am hoping for a 24" cutting area )
The type of attachment I plan on building is like the one on this web
site... ( I wish they would take close up pictures, it's hard to see
detail from 10'away )

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/tresl39.html

I know it would be more efficient to take the logs to a mill, but my
time is free and my chainsaw spends most of it's life sitting in the
case, so I figured I would build this just for the hell of it. Plus I
like the idea of being able to take a fallen tree in the middle of a
bush and make it into usable lumber without busting my back trying to
haul it out.

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom

Todd