mike. buckley

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
mike. buckley wrote:
Great advice here thanks - there is a nearby socket I can use for this,
although it's going to be a major pain in the arse for the other
downstairs rooms. I guess it means a bit of plastering :-(

If you're going to have to re-plaster, do the job properly and make sure
there's an earth throughout the lighting circuit in the normal way. If the
earth's been cut or left off, gawd knows what other bodges you'll find. If
it never was present, the wiring is old.

I suspect this house has never been re-wired since it was built - late
1930s. The wiring is just 2 core in a grey round sheath, all the back
boxes are nasty grey plastic. Possibly upstairs has been re-wired with 3
core, but there's no obvious sign of re-plastering anywhere except the
hall, everywhere else is the original lathe and plaster.

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2