mike. buckley

In message , Dave Stanton
writes

You run a seperate earth conductor or you don't use the metal faced
switch plate, simple. Or of course you ignore all safety aspects, in
which case you likely wont be asking advice anyway.

Dave

How could I run a seperate earth conductor?

Well as I don't know your layout I cant say exactly, but you should be
able to pick up the earth conductor somewhere and join a single to it. The
actual physical running is another matter and could involve a lot of extra
work, ie lifting floorboards, chasing out etc. You might if you were lucky
be able to feed a single conductor down the existing channeling. Very much
a suck it and see operation. Done it a few times and it can be a pain in
the a***. Costs the customer a lot of extra money!. One reason never to
cut off earth conductors, people do because they think they wont be needed
at a certain point, then again people are stupid.

Dave

Great advice here thanks - there is a nearby socket I can use for this,
although it's going to be a major pain in the arse for the other
downstairs rooms. I guess it means a bit of plastering :-(

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2