AAvK

Ahhh... now that is what I wanted to [read], something "real" in experience.
everything else I've read is either hype or salesmanship. Even Joel who
owns http://www.antiquetools.com/ ("the museum") hyped Hock to me
on the 'phone, he knows the same as you do. They cost too much I think.
LV is now making their own A2 blades in limited designs (3), but a little
cheaper, with the top bevels, and I bet nicer. Now they need to come up
with replacement cap irons that are thick. If I had the necassary equipment
I would buy my own A2 stock and cut them myself!

I think you should forward your feelings to Ron Hock in an email.

Thanks for the reply,

Alex