stuart noble

chris French wrote in message ...
In message , stuart noble
writes

A latex screed is a sand/cement with a liquid added as well as water to
give a workable screed to be trowelled on.

The self levelling screeds I've used contain no sand, and no cement
although, as I've said, they are similar to the colour of cement. The dry
ingredients
did not set when mixed with water alone.
Self levellers are not latex

These were based on a styrene butadene coploymer, which is what we in the

UK
call latex.

The stuff I used most recently was Evostick Self Levelling Floor
Compound - it certainly was cement based (+ whatever else goes in them)
and I certainly did just mix it with water, and it certainly did set :-)

Obviously different types of products here.

Last time I bought some, Builder Center did two types of self levelling
screed. One was a powder with no liquid additive (I guess incorporating a
dry PVA), and the other came with 5L of the above polymer (aka SBR).