Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
MGA wrote:
In summary, these are the possible solutions suggested and what I think
about them:

1- Use metal brackets: sounds easy, cheap and fast. 2- Use thinner studs
and work around the piers: sounds easy and cheap too, but it leaves the
problem of the wall not been flat. I want to put some of the old
kitchen units in there so it may be a problem. 3- Bury screws into
studs: easy but not that fast. I guess brackets is as good solution to
get a solid structure in place? 4- Free-standing frame: I would prefer
other options before if only because it's more work! It would also take
more space. 5- Build an inner block wall: wouldn't I have to reinforce
the foundations for this? working with timber is more or less ok (I've
finished now the roof, and it wasn't that complicated), but with this I
wouldn't know where to start to be honest. 6- No more nails... that
would be excellent wouldn't it?

You've missed out the easy way. Frame fixings. These are much faster - and
easier - than wall plugs with separate screws.

--
*A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.