Mark & Juanita

On 1 Oct 2004 15:45:53 -0700, (a.t.) wrote:

Hi...
I've been lurking here for a few months and I see how everything here
works. However, I have one concern with the new group. If this
rec.woodworking.all-ages actually happens.. will rec.woodworking
become rec.woodworking.*?

Not sure what you mean by that

And if so, won't we be flooded with cross
posts from people who just want an answer about some basic thing and
are trying to post to as many groups as possible?

Ayup, very likely. Also likely that somebody with an idea will cross-post
to both groups as well (or worse, multi-post, resulting in duplicate,
redundant messages taking up additional space).

This is one of the reasons rec.ww has never split, there has yet been no
clear identification of a split hierarchy that would not result in multiple
posts, dilution of effectiveness, or efficiency of reading.

I see that this
happens all the time in that kind of group (look at rec.antiques for
example.) Maybe this is an out of place post, or im misunderstanding
or or something, so if this is wrong, I apologize in advance

Seems like you have a pretty good grasp of potential consequences.

(braces himself for fire)