Nova

Greg, G. wrote:

Yea, I noticed that about the Woodslicer - but it was the widest blade
I had on hand. I made it into about 3 " of the log before I backed
out and came here to find another. The only other blades I have are
1/8" and 1/4" detail blades - and I wasn't about to try those.
Another thing about the WS is that it is only .022" thick.
Pretty thin for any green timber work.

On a 14" Delta I don't think I'd try a blade wider than 1/2". The friction on
the blade with green wood will be a consideration with the 14" Delta's limited
HP.

The first place I went was Suffolk.
Looked at the 1/2 x 3AS .032 6.5 Alternate Set H & S 6-12 (Green)

I'd give Suffolk a call. Their staff is very knowledgeable and helpful when
it comes to matching a blade to a given task.

I just wish someone around here stocked these blades.
I live in a huge Metro area, but I have to mail order everything!

Is there a Rockler store in your area? Rockler used to carry the Timberwolf
blades but stopped selling them due to poor sales. They now carry the Olson
"All Pro" blades. Their sales person admitted the Olson blades are not as
good as the "Timberwolf" blades but at about half the price they sold better.
They're not bad blades but I prefer the Suffolk blades.

Unless it's some junk at Wal-Mart, Target, or the BORGs. All these
stores carry the same freakin crap in different colored boxes...

I know what you mean. IT SURE WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A LEE VALLEY TOOL OUTLET
IN BUFFALO, NY! ( Hoping Rob Lee will consider a new store).

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA