Andy Hall

On 1 Oct 2004 15:39:56 -0700, (dorothy)
wrote:

Only thing I need to check in advance is the latest IEE regs on cable
routing w.r.t. distance from room edges/floor/ceiling/skirting etc.
I'm sure TLC used to list a pici, but don't seem to anymore.

Thanks.

It's pretty straightforward.

You can run cables buried in plaster etc. at any depth as long as they
go vertically or horizontally from a wiring accessory.
If for some bizarre reason you wanted to route differently in the
middle of a wall then you must either protect the cable with a serious
protecting plate (grounded) and not thin trunk, or bury at 50mm

You can run cables in a band up to 150mm out from the top of a wall or
from a corner, but not from a floor.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl