Olav Marjasoo

Default simple earth checking?

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:07:36 +0100, "michael cane"
wrote:

Had to remove a socket to do a spot of tiling, and found that the earth wire
to a spur socket was not properly connected, probably due to 3 sets of
cables in the box. After tiling I reconnected the earth. Now I would like to
check that the earth has in fact stayed connected. Is there a simple way to
do this for a non-knowledgeable diyer who has a £5.00 Maplins meter?

TIA

the socket, displays LEDs, and tests for more than just earth
connection.

--
Olav Marjasoo
Overlooking the Clyde, West Coast of Scotland