Too_Many_Tools

I would go one better...money talks, businesses listen...when money
walks, businesses really listen.

The next time you choose Brand X over Delta (as in table saws), take
the time and write a letter to Delta and enclose a copy of your
invoice showing the purchase of the competitor's saw. Explain why you
chose the competitor's saw over Delta's offering. Be specific. Address
the letter to the CEO of Delta and include your phone number. Don't be
surprised when you get a call asking for more information. Bean
counters who continue to cause lost sales don't stay counting beans
very long.

In other words, companies will give you what you are willing to pay
for. If you are only willing to pay for garbage then you will get
that. If you want quality workmanship and materials, then make your
voice heard and back it up with your wallet.

And if you were wondering, most all my tools are older American iron.
I can afford to buy new tools but the quality is not there and has not
been for some time. I have personally inspected hundreds of table
saws, bandsaws, drills, jointers, etc. side by side and almost without
exception I will buy older iron because it was designed and built so
much better.

TMT

Rick Cook wrote in message ...
RonB wrote:

I was walking through a local tool store today and they had just unpacked a
new Unisaw. The first thing I noticed was the knurled handwheel locks have
now been replaced with some kind of wing nut. They look like someting that
came out of a hardware bin.

Apparently the corporate finance pukes don't get it. Those of us who use
tools daily understand the equipment and what is happening. The function
might still be there but the quality of fine equipment like the Unisaw is
suffering -- and the price continues to go up.

Hmmmm. I wonder if the knurled, plated locks on the Griz will fit?

It's probably worth writing nasty letters to the company. The bean counters get
away with this nonsense primarily because they convince the PHBs in management
that no one notices. I'd be willing to bet there are people inside the company
that would love to have angry letters from customers as confirmation that
people DO notice -- and care.

--RC