Dave Balderstone

In article , a.t.
wrote:

I've been lurking here for a few months and I see how everything here
works. However, I have one concern with the new group. If this
rec.woodworking.all-ages actually happens.. will rec.woodworking
become rec.woodworking.*?

No. rec.woodwoorking will not change.

And if so, won't we be flooded with cross
posts from people who just want an answer about some basic thing and
are trying to post to as many groups as possible? I see that this
happens all the time in that kind of group (look at rec.antiques for
example.)

I think that's certainly a possibility. I had a very short private
exchange with one of the proponents of the new group where I encouraged
them to pursue the moderated group with a better set of moderators. I
likely would have voted yes if that had gone to a vote. The current
proposal makes no sense to me, being unmoderated, and I don't
understand what color the sky is in the proponents' world.

Maybe this is an out of place post, or im misunderstanding
or or something, so if this is wrong, I apologize in advance

Not at all. This is a great place to discuss the issue.