Joe Wells

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:45:53 -0700, a.t. wrote:

Hi...
I've been lurking here for a few months

Welcome to the Wonderful World of the WrecK!

and I see how everything here
works.

'Splain it to me sometime, willya?

However, I have one concern with the new group. If this
rec.woodworking.all-ages actually happens..

IMO, r.w.aa has a very, very (very) small chance of passing.

will rec.woodworking become
rec.woodworking.*?

No, the WrecK will be here, same bat-time, same bat-channel.

And if so, won't we be flooded with cross posts from
people who just want an answer about some basic thing and are trying to
post to as many groups as possible?

Pretty likely. So go vote No to r.w.aa if you're concerned about this.

I see that this happens all the time
in that kind of group (look at rec.antiques for example.)

Yup, I have that t-shirt too.

Maybe this is an
out of place post, or im misunderstanding or or something, so if this is
wrong, I apologize in advance

Nope, this is the right place to chat about a potential split of r.ww.

(braces himself for fire)

You *have* been paying attention. I'm impressed. ;^)

--
Joe Wells