Dave Liquorice

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:55:40 +0100, Dave wrote:

The new CU will be mounted on the house-side of a cavity wall, the
other side is the garage. I propose to run the cables down the
garage side of the wall and through the wall (in a piece of plastic
pipe) straight into the back of the CU - 'any problems with this?

With due regard to cable grouping, ie don't squeeze 'em close together
through that pipe leave plenty of space and don't bundle them up all
neatly together. I'd probably keep the pairs for rings together but
otherwsie distribute them through out the pipe.

I assume the tails and the load cables should be in separate
"ducts"(?).

Seems sensible.

I'm still not sure whether to run the tails to the gge CU in
parallel with the house CU or to run them from a MCB in the house CU

What load is the garage CU likely to carry? Any big machine tools or
heating? Just a light and a couple of 13A sockets for power hand tools
I'd buy a bigger house CU and have it all in there. RCBO for the
garage sockets or individual RCD sockets.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail