Kevin

There is some information on Russ Fairfield's page
http://www.woodcentral.com/russ/finish4.shtml

where he states it is the cellulose that acts as an accelerator. This is
the section titled:
Hardening The Wood with CA Glue

kevin

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"Kip055" wroteclip) my guess is that some of the wood decomposition
products are basic enough to set off the same reaction. (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^
That might be part of it, but I recall reading in some previous

discussions
that some vegetable fibres, like cotton, can trigger the reaction. This
might also be related to why CA glue practically ERUPTS when it is flowed
into a pile if sawdust or woodchips.

I once made the mistake of spreading some CA glue with the corner of a
cotton rag, wrapped around my finger. The stuff cured very fast, bonding

my
finger to the wood, and generated enough heat to raise a blister. (There

is
no way to let go of CA glue that is curing.)