patrick conroy

On 30 Sep 2004 10:26:56 -0700, (Yahoo) wrote:

I have decided to replace my venerable old Delta 12"planer. I am
fairly close to selecting the DW735 although I haven't ruled out a
larger floor model. After Googling this group I read some threads that
suggested there is/was a problem with sprockets breaking on the 735
when making cuts deeper than 1/16".
Does anybody know if this was a design/manufacturing problem. If so
has Dewalt acknowledged and resolved the problem?
Thanks

I love my 735 but frankly would have bought the Delta 580 -- if it had
been $229.

I take light cuts anyway - never more that a 1/16" so I can't comment
on the sprockets. Mine are fine and I'm snipe free too.