Charles Callaghan

I have a Hitachi combination planer/jointer and there is no set-up change to
be done. Have had it for 8 years and it has done very well so far. Was Best
rated in Wood Magazine at the time.

Chuck Callaghan

"Phil Hansen" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

snip
There have been combo jointer/planer machines in the past, but they
have been pricey and apparently not viewed as the solution because I
don't see them in quantity for sale anywhere. Most of the posts
discussing them on the rec date from about 1996.

Well, does anyone else feel this way, or am I alone in being concerned
about this?

I have a Kity (European) combo. 254mm jointer / planer. It is a solid
machine and does what it is supposed to do BUT what a pain changing from
one setup to another. In retrospect I would have been off with 2
dedicated machines.
Will never get a combo machine again. Get a machine to do its specific
job and not have to fart around adjusting settings from one setup to
another.
The cost of 2 machines would have been a bit more than the combo but
well worth it.

--

Phillip Hansen
Skil-Phil Solutions