CW

Yes, we know that everyone (besides CEOs. of course) should work for 3 cents
per hour with no benefits.
"Eric Johnson" wrote in message

I was walking through a local tool store today and they had just unpacked

new Unisaw. The first thing I noticed was the knurled handwheel locks
have
now been replaced with some kind of wing nut. They look like someting
that
came out of a hardware bin.

So did the knurled ones, problem is that they are paying somebody $20 an
hour to pull 'em outta the bin. Then that $20 somebody thinks the employer
owes them $12,000
worth of insurance to cover him, his spouse and every other blood relative
just because he's a trained knob installer. And now our insured $20 knob
installer gets a sliver skateboarding over the weekend, bides his pain

till
he gets to work on Monday reports for workmans comp because those knurls

got
slivers in the bin. Now knob installer is off for the next 3 months
protected by the FMLA so the employer can't even replace him to keep
production up but still collecting some kind of compensation for no work.
Then Billybob & associates runs across Knob installers name in the

insurance
records and convinces him to sue the employer for an exorbitant amount of
money for "compensation". Employer knows better than to argue with the
insurance company recalling the same insurance company handled the "Miss
Offended" case in the broke her nail office scandle of '02. Ponies up the
cash and takes another shot on the chin. Just as he sits down thinking

he's
past this and may be able to keep the doors open one more month sits down

read the notice from those OSHA folks about the knurled knob saftey
factor.......

Sigh
EJ