GerryG

Yes, I've also seen some reports on bending.
Yet another use: softening glue. Most glues will soften with heat. White glue
or yellow PVA that's recent will turn plastic. For older PVA, add a little
water to the joint before heating. Do not use popcorn setting, however.
--Gerry

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 15:04:43 GMT, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article ,
(Runnonmt) wrote:
What uses would a microwave have in the shop?

Keeping your coffee warm... Duh! :-)

Seriously, though, some turners use microwaves to dry thick turning blanks. Do
a Google groups search for microwave on the group rec.crafts.woodturning and
you'll see some ideas.

I may be imagining this, but I seem to recall a post here not too long ago
about using a microwave to heat/soften wood for bending. Google again...