Andy Dingley

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 10:29:11 +0100, "njfbadger"
wrote:

Now what I want is to re-blade it, needs an iron too,
any suggestions on suppliers?

"Samurai" laminated irons from Axminster. Best I've found for
smoothers. They have both common widths.

For a bigger plane, Clifton's thick & chunky Victor irons, again from
Axminster. You'll likely need to file the mouth to fit these.

If you want a Hock (which I wouldn't recommend) then the easiest UK
source is Dieter Schmid in Germany. Easy web ordering by CC and they
ship to the uK quite happily, without the extra import duties we
sometimes catch from the USA / Canada.

Clifton also do a good two-piece cap iron.
--
Smert' spamionam