Doug Kanter

"Roger" wrote in message
news:s747d.182841$3l3.112959@attbi_s03...
I don't know what the reasoning is for storing cans of paint upside

down.

The reason comes from the same school of thought which says that an
unopened
container of cottage cheese will last longer if placed upside down in

the
refrigerator. This idea, in turn, is perpetuated by the same people who
think you should hold your breath when you pass by a cemetery.

Storing paint upside down has some pretty credible adherents, including

lots
of self help sites, university extensions, and painters. It also works for
me. Turns out paint is a much better seal, when in contact with the lid,
than an ill-fitting metal-to-metal can lid exposed to the air.. Just

check
on google under phrase :
paint lasts longer "upside down"

Oh well. It harms nobody to do it. I've used the neat little "key" tools to
open the lids, so they seem to reseal perfectly.