inuyasha

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:32:15 +0300, "Vangelis Pantazis"
wrote:

Hello everybody !
Can somebody tell me the technical difference between analog phone lines
(PSTN) versus digital ones (ISDN or aDSL) ?

the actual wires are plain old telephone wires. my adsl connection is
with very old house wiring. It's just the second phone line (second
pair) really.

They just use a digital modem instead of an analog modem.

Is there any way to distinguise them with an electronic device ?

I'd imagine you'd get a dial tone off the analog line, just hook up a
cheap phone

I've heard of these digital phone line tester but I'm not sure if this is
the one I'm looking for to build.

Any ideas ? Many thanks, in advance

V.P.