Unisaw A100

jo4hn wrote:
Or are they really cutting costs and sacrificing quality to keep the
cost down?

Not Owen but I personally think they've been subsidizing the
Unisaw with the sale of other machines. Like Owen I can go
back through past issues of magazines and find the full page
machinery/tool seller's ads and track back a "sameish" price
for at least ten years and maybe more.

As for sacrificing quality, yes the Unisaw has changed but
it's been things like the morphing of the dust door until
there was finally none, the changing of lock knobs from die
cast with a chrome finish to plastic (plastique David) and
of course the greatest crime of all the elimination of the
cast iron plinth.

sigh...

As for the innards, there have been changes but nothing of
the magnitude that allows for an easy explanation of why the
saw hasn't kept up with the rate of inflation.

Now, there have been instances of bad quality control but
that seems to be hit or miss. In other words, you can still
buy a good Unisaw.

If anything the real change with the Unisaw has been it just
ain't as classy as it once was.

UA100