Dave Jones

"G&M" wrote in message

"Dave Jones" wrote in message

"MGA" wrote in message
Dear all,
as part of my garage conversion I have been asked by the building

control
officer to fix studs to the wall, add insulation, a vapour barrier and
plasterboard. It's a single brick wall and it has piers every 1.5
meters
more or less. That means that I need to get quite deep studs to provide

an
even surface for the plasterboard. I have the battens ready, they are
15
by
5 centimetres, but being so deep, what is the best way to fix them to

the
wall?

I can't just screw them because I can't find screws long enough. I've
thought about fixing thinner studs to the wall horizontally and them

skew
nail the studs to them vertically. Another option would be to fix them
using
some kind of metal brackets.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

MGA

Would it not be easier to add an internal block wall?

Would still need insulation between the walls to meet part L.

Yes, but he's gonna have a 6 in gap to fill using those studs!