L. Fiar

"Johnboy" wrote in message

Another thing that works is to place a wet folded towel around
the head and ink, then swing the assembly quite hard downwards.

Another variation of that trick...
http://www.netwares.com/faq.html#air
quote
If your Cartridge is airlocked from refilling,try this...
Snitch one of your wife's (or someone's) nylon stockings
(we also use a man's big sock). Take the cartridge and wrap
in a paper towel and place in the foot of the stocking. Take
this outdoors and twirl it around your head as fast as you can
about twenty times. The centrifugal force will expel the air
or trapped bubbles and allow the ink to pool at the exit port.
So far, 100% success rate.
/quote

I recently stumbled upon these useful sites...
Printer repair FAQ:
http://www.netwares.com/faq.html
Fix Your Own Printer:
http://fixyourownprinter.com/
How to fix your printer
http://www.cyberwalker.net/columns/aug00/030800.html
5 Star Support
http://www.5starsupport.com/faq/printer.htm#5-5
Injet Printers Information:
http://www.acs.unimelb.edu.au/printing/inkjet.html
Color Printing: To Print or Not To Print?
http://www.chips.navy.mil/archives/98_apr/Printers.html

Regards.