Charlie Self

Leon writes:

Where you live, AC is probably not so important.

S. Central VA is not exactly the frigid north in June, July, August and well
into September.

I recall back in the 70's GM had the old Frigidaire A6 Axial compressors.
IIRC Continental used these compressors also. They were long and narrow and
could be easily rebuilt. Now days that stuff is so cheap it is cheaper to
replace than to repair. It becomes a vicious cycle.

I gave up when the 'new' Freon came online and it was going to cost me some big
bugs to replace the compressor and refill the system. I forget how much now,
but that $140 compressor was way, way under a third of what the refill was
going to cost.

I'm too cheap for that. I'd far rather sweat.

Charlie Self
"Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles."
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary