Yahoo

Greg G. wrote in message . ..
Edwin Pawlowski said:

"Yahoo" wrote in message
. com...
I have decided to replace my venerable old Delta 12"planer. I am
fairly close to selecting the DW735 although I haven't ruled out a
larger floor model.

You may want to check out the Delta 680 on clearance at Loews. It was
posted here that they had them for $229. That would be a hekofa buy. For a
floor model, I'd look at Wilke Machine.

What he said, only look for the 22-580 model. I just about lost it
when I saw these stacked up in the store - I paid full price...
It's a $500 two speed planer that has received top ratings for $229.

FWIW,

Greg G.

Damn the Delta 22-680 for $229 would of made my heart stop a couple
tics I'm leaning toward the Dewalt for 3 reasons;3 knives, chip
extraction and still semi portable. I've seen just enough stuff here
and on the net about these sprockets to make me nervous. Guess I'll
contact their rep and see what they say.