Snowman

"Timbrook99" wrote in message
om...

Snip snip
Assume a boiler costs £800 full retail inc VAT, what is a fair total
price (given that the fitter gets the trade discount on the boiler).
Also assume that it can go into an outside boiler-room on a reasonably
like-for-like basis?
Any extras can be added on.

PS I do get the services of a "Quality Control Manager".
Someone to inspect the work done by the subs they dump such simple
lobs onto!

We've just had our old boiler (28 year old Glow-worm) replaced and had a
similar quote from BG. The great difficulty we had was finding someone to
quote, some engineers we called didn't turn up. Finally we found someone
local on the Corgi website. He was very professional, and did the whole job
on his own.

He took out the old floor mounted boiler from the kitchen and fitted the new
Bosch R28 HE System Condensing boiler in the airing cupboard on the 1st
floor, upgraded the system to fully pumped, fitted new chimney through a
chimney breast, fitted new electronic control and thermostat to the
cylinder, TRVs around the house, did the electrics and removed all the
rubbish. He charged £1,735 incl. VAT. We did get a quote a bit cheaper from
a young guy a couple of years out of school, but we decided to go for
experience.

Peter.