Jim Behning

So what is that unit worth? It was about $1500 new I think back in
1988. I bid $500 on one from a shop I used to work at. It did not have
much use.

"Mike Hide" wrote:

For what it's worth I have a 20/30 Makita planer joiner gathering dustthat i
would like to get rid of. The rollers need to be resurfaced ,around here
that runs about $100 each.

The machine, [And I am no fan of makita] has a 12" planer 6 " joiner
combination.both produce excellent results. the joiner has a long bed ,as
long as my grizzleguts 8" joiner.

One advantage is the rollers not being metal allow very fine thickness
adjustments without the impressions left by a serated infeed roller. The
drive being basically a 3 horse router motor results in high revving
cutterheads and superb surface finishes .mjh