Gordon Henderson

In article ,
nightjar nightjar@insert_my_surname_here wrote:

"Anna Kettle" wrote in message
Mind you, I find Grand Designs one of the more interesting programmes.
Not
boring really.

I agree but even Grand Designs miss out on doing programmes on some of
the most interesting houses - I know someone who suggested their house
development be featured and was turned down by Grand Designs because
their development timescale was too long. And it is a very grand
design

So the only houses that get featured belong to people who one way or
another can throw lots of money at a project over 18 months to get it
finished. And fast is rarely best in my book

You missed last week's then? A couple who had to turn an animal shelter
(basically a roof on posts) into a four bedroom guest facility between
December and October, on a budget of £16,000. They simply worked hard and
pulled in every friend and family member they could. The end result was a
fine building with a stone arched collonade along the front.

Thats the only one in this series I've seen so-far and I was very
impressed with the hard work they were putting in. (And the beaurocracy
they had to face!)

I loved the way they put the arches up! SWIMO wasn't impressed with
them taking 3 days, so I said to her they'd get it down to 1 day after
they'd done a few and thats what they managed to do. Personally thought
using angle grinders rather than an olde hammer & chissel was cheating
though

Gordon