Essjay001

Default Dysons...

parish wrote:
Essjay001 wrote:
parish wrote:

But the leaking joints and flex that doesn't rewind completely are
indicative of poor build quality.

How do you work that out?

Obviously not an Engineer then.

Well yes I am actually (Aircraft engineer)

The object of a vacuum cleaner is to
provide suction at the *end* of the hose; if the intermediate joints
leak then that suction is reduced.

So some models had a bit of a problem in that department,

snip

Similarly, the flex rewind is supposed to rewind the flex into the
machine - all of it, not all of it minus 1ft/300mm.

And of course your Dyson was never used right at the end of its reach "just
to get that last little bit" was it. I've done it myself relying on th
strech of the hose to safeguard the cable.

If the central
locking on you new car only locked three of the doors you'd be taking
it straight back to the dealer, no?

"new car" whats one of them?

Quality, something that's sadly lacking in British built products I'm
sad to say.

On that we can agree, but the Dyson nah!