mac davis

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:56:54 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:50:55 GMT, mac davis
wrote:

Unless you hire a crew of illegal's, you're not going to compete with
"ready made" molding..

I'm not so sure. Mouldings carry a huge retail markup. If you're
consuming a fair quanitity of this, and it's an easy moulding to
shape, then it might be worth looking into.

Agreed, Andy.. but he shouldn't be paying that retail markup if he
owns a flooring business..

My point is (I think) that if you have a good thing going, do it and
find better sources of supply... don't try reinventing the wheel and
sacrifice time and energy from running the business..

I do web pages for a living.. I'm not going to try writing my own
software to avoid buying FrontPage, because even if I learned enough
to write it, I'd be losing so many hours that I could be earning money
doing pages that in reality, I'd probably be paying 2 or 3 times as
much for software.. (bad example, if you do the math, FP costs about
the same as 4 hours of billable time)

Mac