Ian Stirling

Saeed wrote:
In message , Anna Kettle
writes
I thought limewash was basically just a porous white 'paint'.

Is this not so?

It is indeed, so it makes the room look bright and clean without
trapping moisture

Anna

What about mould - would limewash resist it ?

I think it does.
As the original concern was to stop things going mouldy, it's only
going to mean that you can see the mould easier

A collection of rawl-plugs, some string, to make a framework 5cm off the
walls and ceiling, combined with a 1cm gap at the base, and a fan to
suck air through this and blow it out a window would be my solution.
30-40 quid or so, and a few hours work.

The floor will probably need painting with some sort of vapour barrier too.

A large enough dehumidifier will work, but will be expensive to run over
the long term.
Ventilation will help a bit.