George

Which, of course is a different case, where your fingers are deliberately
involved. Still makes sense to spritz the back side of a crack to stem the
flow and avoid casual finger trapping.

Now, does anyone know what it is about punky wood, especially punky knots,
that causes the same rapid and odorous reaction even in the absence of the
accelerant?

"Rob Stearns" wrote in message
One _more_ reason for giving a quick spritz with the accelerator prior

applying the glue.

A word of caution here........... when using an accelerant, its not an
uncommon sight to see a tiny puff of smoke come from CA when spritzed,
I've received several small but painfull burns to my fingers while

building
balsa models