DanG

I think we would all need more information.

The major issue here is ending up with a header to carry the load
over head once you remove the material in the proposed opening.

How are existing openings carrying their loads?

I would expect that after you consult with a structural engineer,
you will need to over demolition the hole, probably with a jack
hammer, and re-lay perimeter stone around the opening. How are
the windows and doors of the existing structure done?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"JoHNY" wrote in message

JoHNY Wrote:
Just bought this cottage and i wan't to make a big hole in the
side of
it, to put some french doors in. I'm not sure how to approach
this job
as the wall's are at least 3' thick. I think they're dry and
the stones
are made of hard and soft material. Any suggestions would be
much
appreciated.

Thanx

Please help ?