Rob Morley

In article , "Kevin"
says...
Thanks for the advice so far. Just a couple of points to clarify. I
am trying to avoid the bi-fold door arrangement, but it is useful in
that it allows the doors to be folded back on each other, maximising
the size of the opening.

The problem with the bi-fold door arrangement is that the rebate on
the door frame prevents the middle two doors from opening if the outer
two are bolted to the frame, which was one of the requirements.

What I would need to do is fold each of the middle doors back onto the
outer doors and then fold these back again towards the wall. The
problem here is that the thickness of the door pair would probably
prevent them from opening all the way back to the wall.

One way of fulfilling both requirements would be to use double-action
hinges, e.g.
http://www.sugatsune.com/products/Pr...D=BH %20HINGE

or
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...FD70&sid=AFD70

Th only ones I have been able to find in the UK are spring loaded as
you might find in hospitals or restaurant kitchens etc and I don't
really think these are suitable. I haven't been able to check
screwfix as their site is down at the moment. Obviously any that I
did find would have to be strong enough to carry the weight of the
doors.

How about a tri-fold door (no track, all hinges on the same side)? The
outside panel should be just wide enough to allow the assembly to fold
flush against the wall. Or did I misunderstand the question?