timegoesby

Default Oxyvent for Underfloor Heating

Peter Parry wrote in message . ..
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:48:30 GMT, fred wrote:

Extravagant claims from mystical patented technology, walk away right
now!

I'd agree with that.

For UFH wisdom look for, and I hate to say this, IMMs recent replies to
Big Wallop in the thread 'Mixing valves for UFH'

I wouldn't - much of it is his usual bigoted unsupported claptrap.
Unfortunately, as with much of his ramblings, he has blended a
superficial knowledge of the subject with abysmal ignorance and a
marginal understanding of language. The result is well up to his
usual standard of incomprehensibility.

I find IMM the most informative on this group on heating and water
systems. I have saved many of his postings over the last few years. I
particularly like the suggestion of using a combi for the power
showers and a low pressure 50-50 split combi cylinder for the
remainder of the hot water. I was considering using a either an
unvented cylinder or thermal store to eliminate a cold tank in
refurbishing my mothers 1969 heating system. The combi boiler and
combi cylinder, which is only the size of a thermal store or unvented
cylinder, is an excellent cheap easy way which eliminates a separate
cold tank in the loft. I am pricing the parts up and so far it is the
cheapest option and provides the same as the unvented cylinder and a
thermal store.

If you have a personal grudge then please keep it off line.