Doug Miller

In article , "Jeff Harper" wrote:

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner. We aren't
supposed to have a democracy. We're supposed to have a republic.

"Republic" is a broad category that encompasses "representative
democracies," which ours is (specifically a constitutional representative
democracy). Unlike, say, the Republic of China.

Actually, the Republic of China is also a constitutional representative
democracy, very much like ours. See http://www.gio.gov.tw/ for more
information.

Possibly you meant the People's Republic of China.

Side note: any nation whose official name includes the phrases "People's
Republic" or "Democratic Republic" -- isn't.