Owain

"Michael Mcneil" wrote
| The funny thing about the Brits is if someone moves into Britain,
| he or she is subject to intense criminal investigation for being
| human and harried. Then they have to live in concentration camps
| until everyone has forgotten about them. Then they escape or get
| deported.

I don't think that applies to the French :-)

| Tonight's Grand Design was one of the best of them. I missed the
| first bit but was really impressed with the "go" of the couple
| involved. He even got around to making a staircase after getting
| a book on the subject.
| What they finished of the house restoration was impressive on the
| outside and remarkably beautiful on the inside.
| Well done them.

Didn't they do well. I'm not happy that they used Chinese slates, though
I'll forgive them the internal plasterboarding as it was on studs and not
actually attached to the lovely granite walls, which remain undamaged for
history. But overall they didn't do anything bad and what they did was
simple, honest and in keeping.

Such a nice couple too, not playing Lord and Lady Muck over the locals. But
if they're planning on staying for their retirement (or for the B&B
business) they really should have found a corner for a lift.

Interesting list of suppliers though - British plumbing and heating and a
lot of other things too.

Owain