fred

In article , David Williams
writes
Just a quick note to Ed Sirett - the half temp setting referred to the flow
control NOT the economy/high setting, I'm not that dumb!. My bad description
no doubt, sorry.

Andy's suggestion of looking at the meter revealed the answer. Based on a
3Kw kettle we determined that the unit was drawing just over 4.5kw... which
is just exactly 1/2 what it should. The answer was then obvious- (and had
Fred replied before I tried this he would have won first prize!) one of the
elements isn't functioning. Had a look inside and reseated the two
connectors onto the PCB (one was loose) and guess what, it now works fine...
same heat on setting 3 as previously on setting 6 so twice the flow. The
engineer couldn't have seated the connectors properly when he replaced the
board.

Of course in retrospect it all seems obvious and had the shower actually
been in use and then suddenly dropped in performance by 50% it would have
been obvious too.. but when presented wiht a low flow rate from the first
time we coudl actually use the damn thing, it wasn't so!

thanks one and all, now I just have to call Triton and cancel the engineers
2nd visit and tell them why....

David

Main thing is it's now fixed but I'm afraid that since you didn't reply early
enough for me to cancel my post you still owe me for the 'spot-the-obvious-
mistake-by-couldn't-care-less-tradesman' call-out fee ;-D
--
fred