PoP

Default rewire house - advice please

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:20:11 -0000, "Andy Wade"
wrote:

We're talking about a complete re-wire here and a supplier (distribution
network operator) is now quite within their rights to refuse to connect your
meter tails if the installation does not comply with the "British standard
requirements" - i.e. BS 7671:2001 (as amended). This has been the case
since the ESQC regulations came into force one year ago. So, in effect, the
wiring regs are already mandatory. The supplier will expect to see a
signed-off electrical installation certificate, as described in BS 7671.
There's an example of a completed certificate in the On-Site Guide.

Okay - I stand corrected. Thanks for that.

However I would make a point - there isn't actually a legal
requirement as in "you will go to jail if you don't do this". The
electricity supply company isn't a public service per sieu, but a
private organisation supplying services (more or less). So you don't
supply the certificate and they don't connect you up? That's not going
to put points on your license or anything.

However let's not disagree

PoP

Sending email to my published email address isn't
guaranteed to reach me.