charlie b

Mike S. wrote:

I have the Shop Fox Mortiser and the Woodcraft tenon jig for the table saw.
I've messed around with it a little back in the summer making some small
tables for the patio and they turned out ok with some trial & error. Now I'm
in the process of building a Mission sofa table for my daughter out of qswo.
Any of you guys have any tips, tricks or things to watch out for so I don't
screw this up. I'm working from a set of plans I bought and it has all the
measurments but I know how things can go. Little tips & tricks the pro's use
to make the job smoother.
Thanks, Mike

--
Mike S.

this should give you some things to think consider. doesn't
go into how to cut them - there are just too many ways to
do it. But it does start with the importance of starting with
properly prepared stock, reference faces and edges and
layout tools and methods. Not a complete set of instructions
but should be useful.

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/MTPrimer0.html

charlie b