Dave Plowman

Default IMM fodder

In article ,
Julian Fowler wrote:
I for one have no problem with the concept of a publicly funded,
public service broadcaster; I do have a problem, though, with that
broadcaster producing crap (soap operas, game shows, "reality" shows,
etc.) using licence fee revenue.

*You* might have a problem with this, but the reality is that perhaps the
majority of the viewing public want soap operas, etc, given the viewing
figures. And since the BBC is funded by all those who possess a TV, it's
only fair the majority is catered for.

Perhaps there's space for a subscription channel that only makes the
programmes you want to watch, but I'd guess you'll have to set it up and
run it yourself. ;-)

--
*Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn