Ian Stirling

N. Thornton wrote:
"Dave Jones" wrote in message ...
"Marcus Fox" wrote in
message ...

I have fitted some shelves into an alcove between two chimneys. The shelves

Would these shelves support a sustained weight of about 60 kg? Reason I'm

All I can suggest is to load the shelves with something of equivalent weigh
for a test run (something unbreakable!)

and leave it for a week.

I think that could be a recipe for disaster. Load it with double the
target weight, if it takes that for 5 minutes it'll be fine with 60kg.
Watch your toes though.

Until the water gets to it.
Expecting the surface to remain dry at all times may be optimistic.
Silly things like aerosols of water from bubbles breaking, or stuff down
the back from emptying the filter, or a slow leak in the tank from a crack.